Saturday, November 1, 2008

Knotts Scary Farm

Last Friday I went to Knotts Scary Farm. http://www.knotts.com/. It’s an amusement park arranging their annual Halloween Park. It’s transformed to something similar to the ghost houses and mazes in the Swedish amusement parks.

Jade, my friend from my Physiology and my History class brought up the idea of going there a couple of weeks ago, and since a club in school sold tickets ($50), we decided to go. It was opened between 7.00 p.m. and 2.00 a.m. Leaving my house at 7.30 p.m. it took us over an hour to get there because of the maddening and annoying traffic in Los Angeles.


The whole place was turned into a raw and chilly area with revived corpses, wicked clowns and evil monsters emerging suddenly when you least expected it. When they were not visible around us I was shivering because of the fact that I felt like they were watching us.


Because of the special event and the fact that it was Friday night, it was unusually crowded. The lines to each ride were at least 45 minutes long, up to one and a half hour. And I kind of questioned the situation if it was really worth it, when the ride by itself isn’t more that one minute. However, it was definitely a fun experience to visit one of the biggest American amusement parks. I’m not exaggerating when I call it huge.

No comments: