Friday, November 21, 2008

New York Sunday

We all slept in for a while on Sunday morning. All these time changes and flights make one tired. I slept on the couch, which was way too soft, probably old and “worn out”. It took a while for my body to soften up after becoming stiff during the night. We did that by walking. New York is a city perfect suited for walking, in general you move faster as a pedestrian that the vehicles.

Mary Sue and I started of walking thought a very pretty, pleasant park, Madison Square Park. A little bit farter away we stopped in a sample sale store, we were hoping to make some bargains. We found clothes, mainly from Calvin Klein, on discount. We tried on everything worth trying and at last I left with two shirts, that Julie gave me. She said: “You’re not allowed to pay for anything! I promised your parents that I would take you out shopping, so here we go!” Really generous of her, not to mention Mary Sue who has bought me everything I needed when I came here with only one suitcase.

We ate Korean food for lunch, a good deal of different kinds of fish, tofu, soups, greens and vegetables. All three of us were stuffed when we walked all the way to Time Square and the Broadway show; we had tickets to the play “August Osage County”, a tragic/comedy. First of all; the view of time square was incredible. For the first time my image of the New York City that I had had before was confirmed; a dense city with skyscrapers covered with enormous signs and neon boards. Even when we later walked there in the middle of the night at 2.00 am it felt like daytime because of all the lights. Second of all; the show was really entertaining. The story was about a family drama, taking place in Oklahoma, characterizing a typical American family in the Midwest that was full of complicated relationships and troubles.

No comments: